I *pink puffy heart* Tuesdays and New Beginnings

So today is Tuesday which I don't really think gets its fair dues.

Everyone hates on Monday...like really hates on it because it took the fun weekend days of doing whatever we want to away and replaced it with icky things like work and responsibility. Then Wednesday is all, "Yay!!!! It's Hump Day, half way to the weekend!!!" but Tuesday? Poor Tuesday.

Today I gave Tuesday a fair shake. I worked out (I downloaded this app that's helping keep me accountable because FUCK my scale, turkey wings and whatever the hell has happened to the rest of my mid-section) and then I had so much energy that I actually made a lasagna to stick in the oven tonight since I knew we'd be at a friend's house until after the all sacred mid-afternoon time slot to actually make something.

AND NOW I'M BLOGGING...LIKE REALLY BLOGGING again. HUGE thank you to Kristine over at Random and Odd for initiating the blog revival. I've tried writing since the hey-day but I just couldn't get there. I needed this fire under my ass.

Who am I. I used to be The Kept Woman (a blog that is long since gone...sadly) and I really loved my life despite sometimes really thinking I was heading to the looney bin. I was raising two toddler daughters and had recently been relocated (against my will) from Texas to Wisconsin. My life has changed a lot...and not at all. I now have Margot (13), Edith (12) and Agnes (8...soon to be 9). What's that you say? Yes, I did name my daughters after the esteemed, well-cast and birth-order based characters from "Despicable Me". I call them these names because the writers did such a fabulous job stereo typing the characters based on birth-order characteristics that they fit my own girls perfectly. I also named my husband Gru because he's kind of grumpy but has a soft side to him- I'll tell our story later but he's a keeper. We adopted a dog, a Boxer...her real name is Lucy. She's got special needs...primarily she is super anxious and not the sharpest tool in the shed. We just moved back to Texas two and a half weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. What I want to be when I grow up. Who I am.

It's a lot of fucking pressure and I'm almost 44...I don't know how we expect high school kids to decide on a major before they even apply to the right college for that major. Seriously.

Anyway...that's my life...here's the pictorial for those of you who are visual learners (we sold all of our furniture (more on that story later) and have no money to replace things for now...as such I don't want to unpack decorative items or hang things on the wall so we live amongst boxes).



Three things you need to know about me?
1. I swear. A LOT. I don't mean to. I've read lots of stuff about how the more you swear and express yourself the smarter you are. I figure I'm about the top of the class, a goddamn MENSA member. I had a friend stop being friends with me in 7th grade because I swore too much. I get it...good for her for sticking to her morals...fucking good for her.

2. Like I said before I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I love decorating and organizing but my two degrees aren't even close to that kind of stuff so for now I'm figuring out how to juggle my time, my kids and potentially get hired for a job I want without any training behind my name.

3. I probably would benefit from Ritalin or the Concerta that my daughter is on. I cannot focus AT ALL. Even back when I was blogging...I was much better at sitting down and following through on stuff. I blame that on a few things...
A...Facebook (because I've been writing one or two sentence updates for the last 9 years)
B...the fact that, for the last four years, my life has been in complete upheaval (three cross country moves, lots of changes, etc.)
C...see No.2 above

I'm hoping to find myself again. I'm hoping to find the humor I used to see in every day life. I'm hoping to find peace. And...I'm hoping to reconnect with some old friends and make some new ones. Welcome and say "hi" one of my favorite things about blogging before was all the banter on comments...it was my social outlet to the world as I raised small kids in a place where it snowed like eight months out of the year.

A Cheap Chic Chick, who feels good today...really good...

Comments

  1. I LOVE your blog!! I am so thankful to Kristine and Kathryn for the Blog Revival! Becky @ Reformed Hot Mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I adore you and I am so happy you are back in the big D. Let's go swear somewhere together, because fuck, Texas is hot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment